Berwyn, IL 60402
Title of artwork: “The Picnic”
Artists: Richard Haines
Check out the snow! I waited to post this one in June to remind every one of the long cold winters in Chicago-Land. I had to visit this one twice in January of 2013. The first time I visited it was on a Sunday, apparently they lock up the building. So I returned to Berwyn again the following Saturday during normal business hours so I could photograph the very large wonderful mural inside.
Thanks for stopping by
“Used with the permission of the United States Postal Service®. All rights reserved.”
- Personal visit on 1/24/2013, and 1/30/2013 by David, Post Office Freak
- (affiliate link) Democratic Vistas: Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal: [Hardcover] Marlene Park, Gerald E. Markowitz
- Living New Deal at (http://www.livingnewdeal.org)
- (affiliate link) A Guide to Depression Era Art in Illinois Post Offices: [Pamphlet] Mary Emma Thompson, PH. D.
- Sullivan Goss (http://www.sullivangoss.com/richard_haines)