Lewisburg, TN 37091
Yesterday, I featured the active newer Lewisburg post office. Today I feature what I believe to be the original post office building. At the time of my visit I had no way of identifying it or confirming that this was indeed the original building. One goal of this site is to highlight the old as well as the new post office buildings.
However, after driving around the old downtown section it was pretty clear the building type could indeed have been a post office. The style and architecture screamed at me OLD post office but I need your help. Is this indeed the old post office building. The corner-stone only shows a date. Most often there would have been more written or inscribed on the corner-stone.
What do you think? Is this the original building. Any history buffs or local historians care to comment on this building?
Thanks for stopping by
“Used with the permission of the United States Postal Service®. All rights reserved.”
- Personal visit on 4/01/2013 by David, Post Office Freak
- Tennessee New Deal Post Office List (www.postofficefreak.com)
- (affiliate link) Democratic Vistas: Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal: [Hardcover] Marlene Park, Gerald E. Markowitz
- Loopnet (http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/15420611/121-First-Avenue-South-Lewisburg-TN/)
- (affiliate link): Tennessee Post Office Murals: Howard Hull