Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Title of the artwork: “Settlers”
Artists: Dan Rhodes
WOW! Check out the building and mural? See the funny thing is, we visited the newer post office first before heading to the downtown area to visit this one. So as you can imagine the contrast between the two buildings, is really is quit amazing.
Thanks for stopping by
“Used with the permission of the United States Postal Service®. All rights reserved.”
- Personal visit on 7/27/2013 by David, Post Office Freak
- The stone city art colony and school (http://projects.mtmercy.edu/stonecity/artists/rhodes.html)
- Glen Ellyn Patch (http://glenellyn.patch.com/listings/united-states-post-office-229)
- (affiliate link) Democratic Vistas: Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal: [Hardcover] Marlene Park, Gerald E. Markowitz
- Living New Deal at (http://www.livingnewdeal.org)
- (affiliate link) A Guide to Depression Era Art in Illinois Post Offices: [Pamphlet] Mary Emma Thompson, PH. D.