Vandalia, IL 62471
Title of the artwork: “Old State Capitol in Vandalia”
Artists: Aaron Bohrod
I arrived prior to the operation hours one weekend in May. I was headed towards Herrin and decided to stop in and see this one. I ended up photographing and viewing the mural through the glass window. It is always a difficult decision to post articles with out complete pictures. I wish I had better ones, but since you get the general idea I’ve decided to post what I have.
What struck me first was the abundance of colors. I like the overall landscape of this mural. The children running with the dog makes for a pleasant subject. At some point I’ll head back to get better detail photos but for now. What are your impressions of this mural? What sticks out for you? Please comment and share below.
Thanks for stopping by
“Used with the permission of the United States Postal Service®. All rights reserved.”
- Personal visit on 5/24/2014 by David, Post Office Freak
- (affiliate link) Democratic Vistas: Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal [Hardcover] Marlene Park, Gerald E. Markowitz
- Living New Deal (http://www.livingnewdeal.org)
- (affiliate link) A Guide to Depression Era Art in Illinois Post Offices: [Pamphlet] Mary Emma Thompson, PH. D.
- (affiliate link) Let’s Look for Mail Delivery in Illinois Post Offices: [Soft Cover] Mary Emma Thompson, PH. D.